Nog heel even wachten en dan zal patch 1.03 verschijnen voor de PC-versie van Halo: Combat Evolved. De fixes en features zijn voornamelijk van multiplayeraard:
- Anti team killing – Implemented server-configurable team-killing banning solution. Removed respawn penalty from person who gets team killed. Increased respawn time multiplier for team killing.
- Assault mode role indicator – “Offense” or “Defense” will appear on the HUD indicating which role your team is on
- Assault mode timer – A permanent countdown timer is displayed on the HUD showing the time left for that “round”
- Assault mode flag hard reset option – The flag will reset automatically at the end of each “round”, even if it is being carried by someone.
- Networking performance – Enhancement to player prediction
- Persistent teams across mapcycle – Players will remain on the same team when a new map is started
- Map quick restart – restarts any MP game – good for having all players start at the same time.
- New in-game scoreboard – Displays players, kills, deaths, assists and ping
- Increased chat text length – Chat length has been increased from 40 characters to 64 characters
- Improved banned player detection – Banned players no longer appear in game for brief second before getting kicked out
- Plasma grenades can no longer teleport on vehicles
- Players standing on rock no longer experience “warping”
- Teleporters no longer cause occasional camera out of sync
- Cinematic speech bug with Audigy cards fixed
- Game not starting with unsupported refresh rates fixed
- “Telefraged” message is now displayed when a player is telefraged
- Flashlight toggle bug in MP games fixed
- Interrupting reload animation bug fixed
- Increased server name length – Server names can now be up to 63 characters in length
- Expanded character set for server names – Server names can now contain extended punctuation and characters
- RCON can now pass quotation marks to server – useful for turning on and off passwords
- Fixed “-ip” for assigning which network card is used by the game
- Fixed ability to restart a single instance of the server without restarting all instances
De patch is waarschijlijk op 8 december af.